Business And Pleasure Trips - Enjoy The Best Of Both World In The Middle East

Business And Pleasure Trips - Enjoy The Best Of Both World In The Middle East

Ever wondered the possibilities of successfully managing two businesses but still being able to get a way from it during the summer vacation?. Travel research has revealed that Americans are most likely to to waste vacation days. The best solution I see is to combine business and pleasure with each trip abroad.

After registering for a conference in Dubai, I was intrigued by the modern Middle East when I wanted to learn more about its ancient cultures. After some research, I found a flight to Dubai via Jordan with a stopover of a few days.

I left nothing to chance, organized a shuttle service from the airport and booked a 5-star hotel well located in an upscale area of ​​Amman with several restaurants in the area and at the hotel. After studying Arabic, I was happy to practice it, although the Egyptian courses I studied differ considerably from the Jordanian dialect.

Crossroads, Jordan has a remarkable history, from the ancient Nabataeans to Alexander the Great, through the Roman, Byzantine and Arab cultures. In addition to historic monuments, Jordan has a very lively contemporary culture. Shortly after my arrival, I saw this first hand when a local wedding found its way into the hotel lobby to celebrate with dance and music.

The next day, I toured the capital to explore the Roman ruins of Amman. I stood high in the city above the city, listening to the muezzin call to prayer. With only a short stay, I took advantage of a driver as a local guide for about 12 hours a day. Fortunately, the distances were close enough with the exploration of the next day concentrated on the Roman ruins of Jerash. Popular history begins at the time of Alexander the Great but fell under the Romans in the first century AD under Pompey.




With the mild climate of October, my guide and I then ate outdoors in the middle of the vineyards. There was no sightseeing bus in sight! The next day trip to Byzantine Madaba ended in the famous Dead Sea. Famous for his spa treatments, I just had time to look at the sea before following my steps towards Amman.




Saving the best until the end meant a full day in the pink city of Petra built by the Nabataeans. It can be seen in Indiana Jones and other films and in a mystery novel by the successful British writer Agatha Christie. It is a World Heritage site that rivals the pyramids. Beyond the big treasure, there are a number of small buildings and terraces and handicrafts conveniently located for sale. Of course, the tourist route back to the entrance had to be on a camel, which gave great photos.




After an enchanting week, it was time to head to Dubai for a conference and short sightseeing afterwards.




Dubai is known for the unexpected, such as air-conditioned bus stops, the Palm development and ultra-luxury hotels. For me, as an "Intermittent Intermediate Skier" I was fascinated by the indoor ski area in a local mall. With limited expectations of real training, I knew this would be a great story and the perfect location for a photo of a Christmas card.




After a party of Southern Fried Chicken in the Mall of the Emirates Food Court, I covered my summer clothing with a colourful ski outfit and I was in the escalator ski and sticks in hand. After a few runs, it was finished for hot chocolate in the adjacent St. Moritz Café and the perfect end to my Mideast odyssey.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post